As I grow older, I learn more and more. I learn more about the world, other people and myself.
When I was younger, I took most things for granted. I didn’t understand that one day I could wake up and not have what I had yesterday. I used to not care about how I handled things in my life, I used to believe that no matter what, my friends and family would always be there for me. Nowadays, I’m so terrified that tomorrow I wont be able to have my life the way it was. Today, I’m feeling so damn grateful for all of the things and people in my life. I think that we all get to sidetracked by things that happen in life and we forget to be thankful towards people.
1. Running water – I know a lot of people in many different countries and even our own don’t have running water!
2. A roof over our heads – We’re so lucky to have such a beautiful home.
3. A supportive family – A huge thank you to my parents and my brothers for being so amazing and so supportive through the last few years, I’ve really needed it!
4. Employment – I’m so happy that I’m physically able to have a job, although it may be long hours away from my son. It’s a step towards starting my career and being able to pay for bills!
5. My education – So many kids don’t get an education like we do in Canada, although school may suck, I’m so happy to have graduated highschool and had the opportunity to take courses post secondary.
6. A healthy & happy son – Having him 5 weeks early was such a scare but we’re so happy that we have yet to have issues with him. He’s a perfectly healthy 1 year old.
7. My health – I’ve never been the best at staying active or having a healthy diet but I’m still healthy which is so so important.
8. Hot coffee (If I get lucky)
9. To live in such a beautiful country – Canada is seriously one of the most amazing and beautiful countries, I’m incredibly thankful to live here.
10. The opportunity to be writing my blog!
Thank you to everyone who has been there for me through the good times and the bad. I’m so incredibly grateful to each and everyone of you that reads my blog and continues to come back for more posts. I also wanted to say a huge thank you to J, thank you for always being there for me, no matter how crazy I can be. You’re my inspiration and my rock. Thank you for everything.
What are you grateful for!?
I’m writing this post because I’m very happy with what I have in my life. In no way am I writing this to make people feel poorly about themselves. I’m fully aware that a lot of people don’t have some of the things that I have listed. I don’t have a lot of the things some people have, there are so many people in this world that have more than I, but that doesn’t make me feel less grateful.